Advertisement

Author Topic: I am living my greatest life, each moment of each day.  (Read 103611 times)

LuckyState98

Re: I am living my greatest life, today.
« Reply #840 on: December 24, 2010, 06:34:45 AM »
Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LuckyState98

« Reply #841 on: December 24, 2010, 06:40:41 AM »
For a long time, I never realized how powerful Mara is in the World.  I was stuck in my own little world of contentment because of what I have.  It is when my source of that contentment was gone, that I was introduced to Mara and her daughters.  Now I know of temptations and hopefully knowing will be the first step toward finding true peace and happiness.

LuckyState98

« Reply #842 on: December 24, 2010, 07:51:13 PM »
The 23rd Psalm

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.

LuckyState98

« Reply #843 on: December 24, 2010, 07:52:51 PM »
The Quality of our lives is the quality of our emotions.  Emotions drives us to cross an ocean, get married, have children, or kill someone.

We all act so much more on emotions that logic or reason.  Tame the emotions, tame Mara, and you shall conquer yourself and have all that you ever dream of.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 07:34:42 AM by LuckyState98 »

LuckyState98

« Reply #844 on: December 24, 2010, 09:00:17 PM »
A life lived in fear is a life half lived

« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 09:02:21 PM by LuckyState98 »

LuckyState98

« Reply #845 on: December 24, 2010, 09:06:47 PM »
As I was driving from Afton Alps today and I was reflecting on a thought I had a long time ago.  I was thinking why is it that I was emotionally not as strong as I dreamed I could be and want to be.  And now I have my answer and a solution.:)  

« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 09:21:39 PM by LuckyState98 »

LuckyState98

« Reply #846 on: December 25, 2010, 07:32:38 AM »
Inspirational song

LuckyState98

« Reply #847 on: December 25, 2010, 01:26:18 PM »
It isn't weather you succeed or fail that matters, but it's the effort that matters.  Valkyrie failed to killed Hitler, the 300 failed to stop the Persian army, Jesus failed to become the King of the Jews.  It's their efforts that stands across time as shining examples of the best of humanity.  It is their efforts that counts.  Give all you have with your heart and soul and you will succeed in this lifetime or the next.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 01:31:38 PM by LuckyState98 »

LuckyState98

« Reply #848 on: December 27, 2010, 06:24:38 AM »
I just realize that my life (or lives) maybe like fractal geometry examples of nature.  It's constant repeating and refining.  However, we get there much faster through using quality inputs, for the mind as well as the body. 

LuckyState98

« Reply #849 on: December 27, 2010, 06:27:01 AM »
As we get older, not only does our body deteriorate but our mind seeing that our body is getting old, gets old and weak as well.  However, I believe that should not always necessarily be the case.  We should hold to our mind much better, because we are whatever what we believe.  Time is of nothing, but for today because the past is gone and the future remains.  Today, I am not old but I am simply being the best that I can. 

« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 06:50:42 AM by LuckyState98 »

LELIA

« Reply #850 on: December 27, 2010, 08:05:47 AM »
Good morning luckystate! 

i hope you had a great xmas! 2010 is almost over, thank goodness and hopefully 2011 will be a great year! Time to start fresh, time to start off new so get ready as the count down begins 8)

LuckyState98

« Reply #851 on: December 27, 2010, 08:53:33 AM »
Good morning luckystate! 

i hope you had a great xmas! 2010 is almost over, thank goodness and hopefully 2011 will be a great year! Time to start fresh, time to start off new so get ready as the count down begins 8)

Thank you for saying hello.

If there is anything I wish to have learned this year, it is to stop dwelling in my past as well looking forward towards tomorrow.  It is better to just enjoy today and each moment, and all that the moment has to give; the pain, pleasure, the sadness, the joy, failures and the success, excitement, and the boredom.  It is all of them together that makes life worth living.  But then I am a very slow learner and I do put more hopes into my future as well.

I hope you get all you wish in 2011

LuckyState98

« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 09:04:37 AM by LuckyState98 »

LuckyState98

« Reply #853 on: December 27, 2010, 08:57:20 AM »
Do Not Think Good, Do Not Think Not-Good

When he became emancipated the sixth patriach received from the fifth patriach the bowl and robe given from the Buddha to his successors, generation after generation.

A monk named E-myo out of envy pursued the patriach to take this great treasure away from him. The sixth patriach placed the bowl and robe on a stone in the road and told E-myo: `These objects just symbolize the faith. There is no use fighting over them. If you desire to take them, take them now.'

When E-myo went to move the bowl and robe they were as heavy as mountains. He could not budge them. Trembling for shame he said: `I came wanting the teaching, not the material treasures. Please teach me.'

The sixth patriach said: `When you do not think good and when you do not think not-good, what is your true self?'

At these words E-myo was illumined. Perspiration broke out all over his body. He cried and bowed, saying: `You have given me the secret words and meanings. Is there yet a deeper part of the teaching?'

The sixth patriach replied: `What I have told you is no secret at all. When you realize your true self the secret belongs to you.'

E-myo said: `I was under the fifth patriach for many years but could not realize my true self until now. Through your teaching I find the source. A person drinks water and knows himself whether it is cold or warm. May I call you my teacher?'

The sixth patriach replied: `We studied together under the fifth patriach. Call him your teacher, but just treasure what you have attained.'

« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:42:32 AM by LuckyState98 »

LuckyState98

« Reply #854 on: December 27, 2010, 02:59:58 PM »
SB,

Thank you for quenching my thirst so completely.   :)

« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 06:03:54 PM by LuckyState98 »

Advertisements