Advertisement

Author Topic: NBA TALK  (Read 129594 times)

proudlao

Re: NBA TALK
« Reply #480 on: March 15, 2012, 05:53:58 AM »
Melo ain't going nowhere. NY is his team! They have invested a lot on this deal.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

tubyaj

« Reply #481 on: March 15, 2012, 04:39:06 PM »
When you have invested almost $50 mill (Chandler, Stat, Melo) per season, as an owner, you are not going to just let that go to waste.  Dolan just makes the Nicks org look and and function like crap.  As long as he's preaching things the Nicks will never see a championship.  Chandler, Stat, and Melo will never win anything without a good meshed up supporting cast.  Dantonio had his chance so he probably deserves to be let go.  If they started playing ISO with Melo...he's going to get tons of points but the Nicks will never go anywhere.  The Nicks is now trying to focus the attention on Melo and Stat...letting Linsanity die down for the moment.  This is probably not a bad idea so the current superstars can do their thing and Lin and grow and develop without the world disescting his every move.  Good thing is that Lin is know now so he'll easily fetch $5 mil or more come next year to a lot of teams.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #482 on: March 15, 2012, 11:09:41 PM »
carmelo sucks.stoudami re sucks. Lin can tame the team. not melo.

hubba-hubba

« Reply #483 on: March 16, 2012, 12:22:26 AM »
When you have invested almost $50 mill (Chandler, Stat, Melo) per season, as an owner, you are not going to just let that go to waste.  Dolan just makes the Nicks org look and and function like crap.  As long as he's preaching things the Nicks will never see a championship.  Chandler, Stat, and Melo will never win anything without a good meshed up supporting cast.  Dantonio had his chance so he probably deserves to be let go.  If they started playing ISO with Melo...he's going to get tons of points but the Nicks will never go anywhere.  The Nicks is now trying to focus the attention on Melo and Stat...letting Linsanity die down for the moment.  This is probably not a bad idea so the current superstars can do their thing and Lin and grow and develop without the world disescting his every move.  Good thing is that Lin is know now so he'll easily fetch $5 mil or more come next year to a lot of teams.

What is he going to learn? - Quickly pass the ball to Melo/"superstar" and watch them score?  I'm just being an a*sshole.  I spend a lot of time in NY and the media there is terrible; quite a few sports personalities/analysts/frauds - whatever you want to call them, actually think Lin's overrated.  I don't think it's going to be that easy for him to fetch $5+ million.  I know he'll be okay though.

I get what you're saying about the high cost players; if Dolan paid that much money for those 3 guys, the coach should be utilizing them.  I'm a huge fan of Chandler; Melo/Amare - not so much.

proudlao

« Reply #484 on: March 16, 2012, 05:59:24 AM »
Bad move by Dwight Howard. Another wasted year with Orlando. Shoul have pulled a Kevin Garnette and go after his first championship ring.

tubyaj

« Reply #485 on: March 16, 2012, 10:20:21 AM »
Knowing how Woodson likes to play...Lin isn't going to thrive in that type of system. Stat and Melo does not want to share the spot light with a lowly paid second year player with just a few starting games.  He'll need to go to a team without superstars and see what Linsanity really can be...not with Melo...not with Woodson.

tubyaj

« Reply #486 on: March 16, 2012, 10:36:09 AM »
What is he going to learn? - Quickly pass the ball to Melo/"superstar" and watch them score?  I'm just being an a*sshole.  I spend a lot of time in NY and the media there is terrible; quite a few sports personalities/analysts/frauds - whatever you want to call them, actually think Lin's overrated.  I don't think it's going to be that easy for him to fetch $5+ million.  I know he'll be okay though.

I get what you're saying about the high cost players; if Dolan paid that much money for those 3 guys, the coach should be utilizing them.  I'm a huge fan of Chandler; Melo/Amare - not so much.

If he still gets 15-20 minutes of play time, he can work on his ball control, better his defensive skills and few other things.  If Ramond Session, bench warmer PG for Cleveland, can make $4+ mil a year I have no doubt Lin isn't worth that much for a few team willing to invest in his talent.  Lin does not have the leaping ability like Derrick Rose, but I think he's just as driven as Rose.  He needs to go to a unselfish team like Chicago where there are no egos (Melos) running around.  I'm sure if Lin was on a team such as Cleveland or Bulls where he has free will to shoot for at least 20 attemps a night, he's gonna be getting 20+ points per game and 8 plus assists.  Bottom line is Lin needs to get out of the big apple to a team that will be built around him with talented and unselfish players.

prima_donna

« Reply #487 on: March 16, 2012, 12:13:19 PM »
Laker's PG Derek Fisher got traded for Jordan Hill. Kobe might not be too happy. Rocket's got the better end of the deal. 

proudlao

« Reply #488 on: March 16, 2012, 12:20:07 PM »
Well, we didn't make no blockbuster trades but I think we just improve a bit with getting Ramon Session, Christian Eyenga, and Jordan Hill. We needed a PG and Center. Session is 25 years of age and Fisher is 37.

I don't like GM Mitch Kupchak much but he can only do so much this year.

prima_donna

« Reply #489 on: March 16, 2012, 12:47:36 PM »
Yeah me either. I dont like the new management team. Fisher's got five champion ring under his belt. But I guess he's due. They needed a younger PG.

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 16, 2012, 10:33:41 PM »
Here's some pics from the NBA draft last year.  First time ever in New Jersey.  Newark is a dump.  It was still a cool experience. O0 :

proudlao

« Reply #491 on: April 02, 2012, 08:55:13 AM »
Current Standing (playoffs picture)

West
1. Oklahoma
2. San Antonio
3. L.A L
4. L.A C
5. Dallas
6. Mephis
7. Denver
8. Houston

East
1. Chicago
2. Miami
3. Orlando
4. Boston
5. Indiana
6. Atlanta
7. Philadelphi
8. New York

The Realest

« Reply #492 on: April 02, 2012, 09:54:58 AM »
OKC have shown they can be the new king of the crops with convincing victories lately over some of the elites like Lakers, Mavs, Chicago and Miami.
I'm still not changing my pick of Heat winning in 7 games over them in my Finals prediction, I'd give Miami the edge because of experience and growing pain but I think OKC/Miami will be a huge war for the next few years to come.

proudlao

« Reply #493 on: April 08, 2012, 10:37:01 PM »
Saw the highlights game between Knicks and the Bulls. The Knicks overcome 21 points deficit to win in OT. Great game and way to go Melo. This game have the look and feel of the playoff games. I smell a rematch for the playoffs.

I still believe in my Lakers.

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 11, 2012, 02:33:21 AM »
If I were a betting man, I'm going with the Heat.  Just too many weapons and I believe they worked out the bugs that plagued them last year.

Advertisements